July 29, 2019

The Sunday Currently | 08


I love vintage and I love surplus stores. I mean old items have different stories to tell about the artist or even the owner beforehand which makes it interesting and unique. I love to look at the personal touches at the books or even old cameras in the surplus stores. It makes me wonder how the owner used it or the moments it had withstood. Too bad people have to let go of them, that's why they are in the surplus stores right? 

I always appreciate art, especially painted works. I appreciated it more when I tried to learn some basic watercolor. It was not easy for me since there are strokes that seems to be not achievable. That is the reason why, I love to look at intricate designs or even brush strokes. It seems like it takes some amount of time to achieve that look. How can a simple brush create such beautiful art?

Going back last Sunday, I visited Japanese Surplus shops here in our city. It’s an unusual Sunday because I actually hop from one shop to another. The thing is there’s a new shop located at Mintal and has filled my heart with amazement. I found art paints, dolls that looked really great, carved wooden blocks and other things. The moment I went inside, it seems like I was inside a time travel capsule. There's something with old things that makes me curious. I took some photos and here are some of them:




It is such a lovely painting. I can't help myself but to look at it for minutes. It seems like I want to go inside and feel the breeze near the shore. The painting is calm, at the same time, dramatic.


These two dolls left an impression among the other dolls. They looked like a real human and has a porcelain-like skin. The outfit is detailed and has different layers. These two looked really interesting.




This is one of the carved items that I could have bought. Just by looking at the details, one can say that it is such a precious art.

 Sun

I was in awe when I was at the surplus store. I couldn't believe of the things I found inside for a surprisingly small amount. I hope these gems will soon find a new home, and be appreciated by the new owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont keep your thoughts. Share it. Avoid bad words and keep on commenting!

Copyright © 2016 Hello Lysa , Blogger