December 15, 2015

10 Days Before Christmas



It definitely is Christmas. Christmas trees are everywhere, lights, decorations, gifts and music. This is just the best time of the year! Though we don't have a white Christmas, since its tropical here and its very humid, the Christmas spirit is everywhere. The picture above was caught in the San Pedro Street of our city. Everybody seems to be having fun. People are everywhere. Children are caroling. Malls and the streets seemed to be really very busy too. The queue to the cashier is longer, bazaars and "midnight sales" are everywhere. It's really fun to visit downtown during these times. 

What makes Christmas special is that it is only celebrated once in a year. That Christmas spirit is very evident every December. Knowing that Christmas is not celebrated everyday makes it special. It's just so lovely to see smiles in people's faces. It makes me feel happy knowing that this season is something we all have in common. That despite of the differences, we have that common ground, that common denominator.

Great Giant Clock in front of the Cathedral

I admit that I used to associate Christmas with shopping and gifts. That fact makes me look forward for Christmas. I also admit that I spend more money and more time shopping and buying not so relevant things. It's just so ironic to see hungry street people everywhere, while here I am getting fatter for the season. I guess, aside from being the season of giving, it is also a season of thanksgiving. Giving thanks to Him who provided everything- the food we eat, water we drink and air we breathe. It is a time of the year where one should look back on the whole year's events. That after everything else- good and bad times- here you are standing and still breathing. That after all, you are breathing, you are still alive. And being alive means hope. A hope for your situation, a hope for something better to come.

This period is also the best since it is both the ending and the start of something new. It's an overlap. No matter what your situation is, make it festive in your own way. Start to appreciate life more, in that way you'll add more life to your days.

People are everywhere!
I'm really excited and happy. I just had a Christmas party with my fellow bloggers, meet up with my college friends and will be having a reunion with my high school buddies. I'm also expecting two family reunions from the both side of my parents. Sounds fun isn't? Too excited for it. I'm planning to be do more paintings, calligraphy lessons, guitar percussion lessons and books to read. I might be doing a book review soon.

How about you readers? How do you spend your Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont keep your thoughts. Share it. Avoid bad words and keep on commenting!

Copyright © 2016 Hello Lysa , Blogger