May 25, 2018

The Last Friday of April (11:11)



It was just a typical morning. I was doing my daily routine which revolved around the laboratory and doing paper works. Just a typical day and I felt empty. Or is it just me, getting so used with living that the days that passes do not entice me anymore. Upon checking my phone, I realized its 11:11. It was serendipity and I told myself, “Today will be amazing, today will be good.” I was excited and was expecting something different to happen today. I went back to my routine and faced my computer. I was dragged by work and focused on my activities. A moment later, one of my officemates approached me and shared something about his confusion. He was torn between borrowing money to buy a new phone or settling down with a more affordable phone having lesser specifications. Should he buy the phone with higher specs and price in expense of having a larger amount of debt? He was thinking about this for three days and was really bothering him. I told him about what I think about it and at the end, he made a choice. We never really talk about anything aside from work or other little things and then here he is. I felt like my opinion was important since he was listening attentively to whatever I say. I was amazed. It felt really nice to help people in little ways.

I realized that maturity means weighing the pros and cons before deciding. Maturity means focusing on your priorities, rather than your wants. We face decisions after decisions in life. The decisions we choose depends on our own experiences and challenges. Since everyone has different battles, it is not surprising when I told you that there is no right or wrong choices. The question you need to answer is, “Are the consequences of my decisions worth it?”

Today might not be one of the best days I ever had, but I learned the value of gratefulness and the importance of looking at the different lenses of the situation. Sure as it may sound that negative thoughts may sometimes be uncontrollable, only if we give the power it. They are just like the weeds that won’t survive without the sun. Controlling our thoughts can be quite a challenge, but if we only master it, we can be the master of our fate, the master of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont keep your thoughts. Share it. Avoid bad words and keep on commenting!

Copyright © 2016 Hello Lysa , Blogger