October 12, 2014

BUCKETLIST UNLOCKED #1: To be able to play in UP

When I was a freshman, I joined the Freshmen Night and got mesmerized with the bands playing in front of me. Ever since high school, or grade school I guess, I always dreamt to be able to play in front of a crowd. Well, UPmin AMPLI( UP Mindanao Association of Musicians Playing Loud Instruments) gave me an opportunity to achieve my dreams. They introduce me more to music. With that, I even loved music more.

I never had an opportunity to play in our campus. I have joined a battle of the bands before in a local bar here in my city. Well, I was excited and nervous at the same time. The first time I played in front of a crowd, which is in a bar, I almost can't move my fingers. I was very nervous, my hands are sweating cold and I can't move them properly. I almost want to die in front of the crowd since my first performances aren't that good. Well of course, maybe of pressure. Most of my audience is inclined to music and professional. And then what does an amateur guitarist like me could offer? lol. But I'm not saying I didn't like the experience, that was actually the best experience I ever had in my entire life! Well, it's a childhood dream come true.

FAST FORWARD on October 10, 2014, which is last friday. It was our Freshmen Night 2014. Luckily for God's sake, we were given an opportunity to play during the Battle of the bands. The band's name is  "Insta" simply because we are into pop songs. We played Pompeii and; Safe and Sound by One Republic. Well, we haven't even had a legit practice with our drummer! But, all I can say is that, our performance is not that bad at all! At least for me.

So far, this is our only legit picture.


I'm the one on guitar (Rhythm). I'm so happy that night since my classmates and friends are really very supportive. They come near me and took a selfie. I was really touched. I became an instant celebrity for a night! I was also touched with my bandmates because we never thought that we could push this through because we had only our first and last studio practice the night before, though we have acoustic jams.

Well, the experience is unforgettable. The spot light is all yours (along with my bandmates). I can't see the crowd clearly since all I can see is black. I don't know who's who. It was also my first time to play without any nervousness. I was shocked by the fact that my hands aren't sweating. There I am, playing happily and enjoying the show. I can't help to smile with that feeling of playing in front of a crowd. It's priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, congrats! That takes a lot of courage! But I totally understand how you feel~ I did dance in high school and I loved the feeling being on stage and having friends and family come support :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Female rockstars are simply the best. Great one, girl! Btw, I have an ongoing blog giveaway to celebrate my newly dotcommed blog. Hope you check it out and join. :) http://bit.ly/Zm5YP4

    Eleigh
    www.misseleighneux.com

    ReplyDelete

Dont keep your thoughts. Share it. Avoid bad words and keep on commenting!

Copyright © 2016 Hello Lysa , Blogger