May 8, 2014

Beauty review: Lay Bare Waxing Salon Davao



Hello readers, this post will be a beauty review about the Lay Bare Waxing Salon found in SM Ecoland Davao. This is not a paid post. The reviews in this post is purely based from the writer's opinion and thoughts. Happy Reading.



I won a 500 pesos worth of Lay Bare Waxing Salon gift certificate in our 4square event party with the Davao Bloggers ( Im a happy and lucky blogger! weee). Their services include from eyebrow threading and waxing from upper lip, lower lip, face, underarm, chest, back, bikini, brazilian, half leg, full leg and full body. They also offer some cool packages that I would love to try next time. In regards to this, I tried eyebrow threading and half leg waxing. They have branches in SM Ecoland Davao and SM Lanang, but I tried the branch in SM Ecoland.



This is my first time to experience the eyebrow threading and half leg waxing. When I entered the room, I fell in love with the ambiance of the place and with the staffs. They are very hospitable as they guide me to the room. Mellisa was assigned to do the eyebrow threading and waxing. She told me if it is my first time and I said yes. She said again that it might hurt a bit. Indeed, it hurt and my eyes were almost watery, but I love the result because she just used a long thread to she pluck the my eyebrow hair. I haven't tried this method because usually, this is done by shaving. She said that it will grew after two weeks, depending on the genes of the person. The rate of this service is Php 170.00. The rates of the services would depend on the gender of the client. The results are very good and very clean.


I have some pictures of the room. You may check it out on the later part of this post. After doing the eyebrow threading, there comes the most awaited part, the waxing! The rate of this service is at php 380.00. This kind of waxing service is different from the ordinary waxing because they use cold sugar wax jelly made of sugar, kalamansi, and honey only. This kind of waxing do not use heat so you won't have to risk getting your skin to be burned. 

At first, she put some powder to the areas that are subjected to waxing and the sticky mixture. She pulled the sticky mixture upwards. Since it was my first time, it really hurts but as time passes, your legs will feel numb that you can't feel the pain anymore. Mellisa also talks to me as she do her job, which is a plus point for me. She said that the difference between shaving and waxing is that in waxing, the hair would have a bigger possibility of growing thinner and less visible if waxing is maintained. Sometimes, the hair that is pulled out would never grow back at all. Upon knowing this, I was encouraged to do waxing than shaving. After the waxing, she used a thread to pull out the small hairs left on my legs. Amazing because it doesn't hurt anymore!

The results of the waxing is very good. My legs feel so smooth, soft and hairless! There are no traces of hair anywhere in my leg. In addition to that, the ingredients used have whitening, exfoliating, and moisturizing properties. My skin also looked lighter after the waxing.



Everything in this salon is good. I would rate this 10 (1 as the lowest and 10 as the highest. I would recommend this to everyone. The staffs are very friendly and very professional. P.S. Thank you Mellisa for the great service! :D

You can visit their site at http://www.lay-bare.com/

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Gi-blog jud nimo ba. Hahahaha. Naulaw ko ipost akong experience. You know, first timer pud. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These saloon is looking classy,well maintain.We also have a beauty parlour in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete

Dont keep your thoughts. Share it. Avoid bad words and keep on commenting!

Copyright © 2016 Hello Lysa , Blogger